ThinkInk uses the information collected from you to make contact via phone or email, provide information including our services, previous work examples and references, and pricing quotations or proposals. We also may use the information to send you information relating to marketing or to your specific industry which we believe may be of interest to you. If you have submitted your information on our website, you consent to ThinkInk maintaining a marketing conversation with you unless you opt out.
Some of the information that you submit may be personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) that uniquely identifies you, such as your name, phone number, or email address, as well as records of our correspondence and phone calls.
In addition, every time you visit our website, some information is automatically collected from you such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser and operating system, details of your website visit, and more.
We also may collect data in a form that is not directly associated with an individual. This could include but is not limited to occupation, language, zip code, referring URL, time zone, and aggregated usage on our website and social media accounts. If this type of data is combined with Personal Data, we consider it Personal Data.
We do not knowingly collect or retain Personal Data from from children under the age of thirteen.
Third Party Websites
Our Website may contain links to third-party websites which are not part of our Website. We do not make any representations or warranties regarding these third-party websites, nor are we responsible for any losses or damages in connection with the information, security, privacy practices, availability, content or accuracy of materials of such third-party websites. These third-party websites might have privacy policies different from us and third-party websites may provide less privacy and/or security than our Website.
Use of Personal Data
We may use Personal Data for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to:
- Improving the quality and content of the services that we provide
- Improving the relevance, quality and quantity of marketing communications we send to existing and potential clients;
- Improving the experience on our website or social media accounts;
- To begin a conversation with you regarding a potential business relationship;
- To send you information and industry insights that are relevant to your business;
- In response to judicial or other governmental subpoenas, warrants and court orders served on us in accordance with their terms, or as otherwise required by applicable law;
- To comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities;
- To protect our rights or property, protect our legitimate business interests, to enforce the provisions of our terms or policies, in cases of customer fraud/disputes, and/or to prevent harm to you or others;
- To protect or defend us, our subsidiaries, affiliates, or parent company and any of their officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors and partners, in connection with any legal action, claim or dispute;
- To meet the requirements for transfer to any potential acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- As permitted or required by law or as authorized by you.
ThinkInk may also provide Personal Data to third parties exclusively to perform work on behalf of ThinkInk, such as providing products and services and assisting in our promotional and advertising efforts, however we never sell data.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
Our legal basis for collecting and using Personal Data will depend on the data involved and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect Personal Data from you only (i) where we need it to perform a contract with you; (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. We have a legitimate interest in communicating with you as necessary to conduct business. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you or may otherwise need the personal data to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
We retain Personal Data we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to retain your Personal Data or you have requested that we no longer retain it, we will take immediate action to remove the data from processing and delete and/or anonymize your data.
International Transfer of Information Collected
ThinkInk has global operations, therefore we may transfer and access information about website visitors and customers from around the world, including the United States and other countries where we operate. For European Website Visitors, please note that your Personal Data may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). If you reside outside the U.S., any information you provide to us on our Website will be transferred out of your country and into the U.S. If you do not want your Personal Data to leave your country, do not provide the information to us. By providing Personal Data to us, you explicitly consent to the transfer of your information to the U.S.
Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
- You have the right to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your Personal Data. To do so, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to object to or restrict the processing of your Personal Data, or request portability of your Personal Data. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing email@example.com.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your Personal Data with your consent, then you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Questions or Comments